War memorial typeface

Does anyone know the name of the typeface used on WW2 war memorials. It has a W like two crossed Vs and a stroke on the U.
I have seen it used on coins too.
Garamond has some similarities but it is not the same
ScreenHunter_527 Jan. 23 15.56